Long Run 18km incl 4000m Tempo Run

Very early morning long run of 18km by the lake to avoid bad weather rolling in with drizzle and strong winds. The run began with a 2km warm up followed by a 4000m tempo run. The winds were strong even then, it was tough going. Pace was 3:30-3:20/km.

The coming week will be challenging with worse weather due on Wednesday and Thursday, lots of rain. Next sessions will be back to back on Monday and Tuesday at Stromlo XC circuits to ensure I keep the momentum I have going. Wednesday and Thursday I'll struggle through with easy running when conditions are OK. Friday I'll run an 8000m XC trial and begin my roll on towards a July peak for the Covid 19 Cancelled World Masters Athletics Championships which I will do on my own.

I had a look at the Stromlo track after lunch. The grass is beginning to die off as it does in winter. As it does it will get hard and quick when it's not wet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024