Long Trails Recovery Run 18km

Easter Sunday recovery run with Milli the Border Collie on trails. Weather cold to cool, just above zero and warming up, not a cloud in the sky, no wind. We'll get a few days like this before some weather comes in again. Milli has a few weeks of solid training now. She is much faster than me over 10km, especially when it's cold and there are puddles to drink from. Consequently the recovery run turned into a race in the last few kilometres.

I'm into my 10th week of high volume (120km+/week). My average weekly volume since January 2015 is 115km/week. That includes injury, bushfires and the virus. I'll keep running 120km weekly. Sessions and recovery runs will be easier than normal as I freshen up. Next set on Monday morning, 2000m,1500m,1000m,500m with 500m recovery jog, just going through the motions, around 10km-half marathon pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024