Training Plan Update September 2022-March 2023

I'm now 18 weeks into this long base training block, a period lasting almost 12 months with a main goal of the Australian Masters Athletics Championships to be held in Sydney in March 2023. I completed all my initial selection of races even if City2Surf 14km was a failure. Sutherland2Surf road race was a highlight. I have no races scheduled for the remainder of 2022, just Parkrun events. If I see something exciting on the calendar I'll consider racing. In January I'll step up the intensity slowly with a peak in form for the Australian Masters Athletics Championships.
A draft schedule for the AMA Championships has been out for a while. It reverts to the old program again with (for me) 10000m track Day 1, 1500m Day 2, 5000m Day 3, 8000m Cross Country Day 4. Being held in early March and away from the coast I expect the weather to be hot.
Training for the remainder of this year will be simple. No more than 2-3 sessions mid-week including a selection of leg speed (beach intervals), strength (long hills), power (short hills) and speed endurance (long intervals). Parkrun on Saturday as a maximum threshold run. Easy running in between sessions. Training volume will continue to be around 120km/week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024