Rain Runs 20km : Training Update

Delayed run today due to persistent rain, I headed to the Marina for coffee with friends instead. The run from home along the coast bike path, still raining, almost nobody about. Too slippery and dangerous to attempt a session. Late in the day the rain eased up, a couple of solid hill loops. Today I completed my 42nd week in this base building block, 121km past 7 days. Still a few weeks until I taper for Australian Masters Athletics Championships beginning on 10th March. I'll still be training solid through the World Masters XC Championships to be held in less than three weeks with just a couple of easier days prior to freshen up. Full taper for the AMA Championships will commence on 1st March, 10 days before my first event. End of AMA Championships will complete the year long training cycle and begin a new one including a couple of Half Marathon events in mid-2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024