XC Tempo Run 11km : Steve 3 x 500m XC : Training Update

Morning 11km tempo run through the golf course pushing all the hills, continuing the run to the swimming beach, quick swim (water temperature 22 degrees) and back up the hill to home. Low tide not until later in the day. Another run scheduled then. This morning Steve ran 3 x 500m efforts at Stromlo XC Circuits. Splits: 1:31,1:31,1:29. I've cut out most of the junk carbs over the last few weeks as I head towards race weight. I hit my goal weight today having dropped 3kg in 3 weeks. I rarely jump on the scales during the base training block. It's only in the last weeks before a major championships when I look daily. I'll carry this same weight through World Masters XC at Bathurst, Australian Masters Athletics Championships in March and possibly to a half marathon in May. So what's the advantage of losing a few kilos? I can't say for anyone except me and it's consistently been around 1.15 seconds per kilo lost, per kilometre run or around 17 seconds quicker for 5km after losing 3kg of junk food (like chocolate). I've almost finished my training preparation for World Masters XC and will start travel to the venue possibly tomorrow after a morning run. Final training for Australian Masters Athletics Championships will commence next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024