World Masters Athletics Championships 2018 1500m M55-59 ; Steve 3 x 1500m

Steve this morning 3 x 1500m efforts at Stromlo XC Circuit, all un-timed. Warm down was done at a near by Parkrun.

I ran easy for 65 minutes including 5 x 100m strides. An easy run later in the day made it 17km. I should be back at normal volume of 120km this week. Still around two weeks until I start structured training. Tomorrow a longer run of 85 minutes.

Took a while to extract and compile videos from Facebook. Shot using camera phone in portrait, finish straight only. Heat 2 and final. Also some great semi final 1500m photos from Shaggy.

I remember back to arriving in Paris and discovering my training track only a short jog from the apartment. I was excited I could train for 1500m and 5000m events. I was surprised the running form and fitness came back so quick. It was an awful winter in Canberra. It was a perfect autumn in Paris. Looking back the running feeling I had in the 5000m and 1500m semi-final was the best I had during the championships. Looking forward to running more middle distance championship races in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.