ACT 10000m Championships

What a funny day. Woke this morning and couldn't walk a step, sore ankle. Had to work out what was going on there, muscles in the shin pulling on the top of the ankle. A lot of self massage of the muscles and ankle, ibuprofen, ice...voila I can run again. Just fixed that up, walked barefoot into the laundry, glass in the other foot, couldn't walk on that one. Tried to dig it out, nup, it's still in there...not even Minnie could get it out. Then a line of thunderstorms came past just an hour before start of track, the dog going crazy, looks maybe like a washout...then clears just before 6. Sigh.

800m:
I've never been more sure Heidze would do a PB tonight...she rocks!! 67 first lap, felt the pain in the 2nd, 2:28. PB by 4 seconds, much more to come.
Mia has just been ticking away at the 800m. None of us have started those very hard sessions yet. 2:50 a great result, season best, much more to come. Kathy S (the one I don't help) had a great 2:41. Someone for Mia to chase.

10000m:
Combined Athletics ACT / ACTVAC race. 30+ runners. Lots to lap. Absolutely no wind but quite humid from the earlier thunderstorms. Chappo cleared away to 31:55. I had Jono sitting 30m to the rear of me the first 7km. I couldn't go too deep or I was a sitting duck  Half waited for him to catch me but he never got there. When Chappo came past me with 2km to go I hooked onto him, put in two very quick laps and another one to bring it home. 33:36 (M50 ACT record by 90 seconds), Biggest difference from December was the number of people to lap. I never felt really comfortable but I always had something in reserve. I couldn't feel the glass in my right foot. The left shin was a bit sore and bruised from the massage but that didn't affect me either. So glad I got to run. Jono got a stitch 34:50. Roget 2nd M50.

Women's field was very strong. Jodie 39 high?, Mel 41:30?, Sarah 40:50?, KT 42:05?, Helen 43:35, Kelley?. General consensus from the results was 10-20 seconds slower than December, depending on how much you got to sit on the rails.

More results later.

Comments

David said…
Nice run Bruce congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024