Hill technique

Canberra winter here today. Tmoz the xc handicap at West Stromlo with the last 1.5km all up...today a chance to practice some hill technique. Managed 13km done this morning. A ploddle later with Bella will make 20km.
Ten of us relaxed and chatted at Seasalt dining sitting comfortably near a sunny window for brunch. Somehow we made a bleak winter morning seem quite pleasant:-)

Week 5 done now for me, another 120km in the legs. I am ready to race again mentally and physically. I expect good things tomorrow as a tester...the following four weekends I will have opportunities to race before I head off to France. If the health holds out I will only race 100% in the ACT XC Championships in the middle of June. Really enjoying my long interval sessions of a Tuesday at the moment and making some good progress there. I wouldn't want to screw that up by racing too much. The races will have to be used as tempo runs instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024