Christmas Cheer

Last night the traditional end of year ACTVAC track event, full of novelty races and festive spirit. The weather perfect for the occasion, very warm in the sun, no cloud, a nice breeze and loads of happy people out there.

Of me: I took part in one novelty event and one 3000m effort. The novelty guess your time 2000m with no watch I won. Guessed 8:00, ran 8:00.76. Not too hard to do when I pace my friends all year at that pace. Thanx for the bottle of McLaren Vale Shiraz, it was delicious.

The 3000m I had an all out effort, only an 9:32 run. A few too many on the track making life a little slower in lane 2 and four parties this week putting on 2kg making it a little heavier as well:-)
Keith worked hard in the 5000m 18*, KT a return to form in the 3000m 11:47

After having an easy few weeks without volume it's time to gear up again for 2013. Will return to racing on January 10 with hopefully an ACT M50 mile record. January 31 is the ACT 10000m championships soon followed by the ACT 5000m championships. Looking forward to keeping the good form I have in 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024