Zatopek 10000m : B Grade

Tomorrow another trip to Melbourne for the Zatopek 10 Lower Grades meet. C/D grades goes off first (630ish), around 20 starters and a cut-off of 37:30 including 6 females. My race following that with 13 starters.

A quick check of the entrants shows one or more quicker than me, one or more around the same level. Most closer to the 37:30 cutoff. It's gonna be cool (15-18 degrees) and windy (20-25kph). I will get some help from the quickest runner if I am prepared to go out hard.

The goal: It's all about world rankings for 2012. This is what it looks like at the moment. I have an unsubmitted 33:36.5 from 16th Feb which moves me up a spot. Anything better than 33:36 would be great. Sub-33 is the season goal and chasing the M50 Australian record of Ronnie Peters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024