ACT XC Championships 12km

7th place 40:54 Splits: 8:05, 8:29 (16:34), 8:36 (25:11), 8:38 (33:50), 7:03, Weather: Cold, sunny, stiff breeze from the south west.

Marty Dent and Emily Brichacek the open age winners.

The race run very similar to last year with a quick start and strong throughout. The main difference was when I lost the lead bunch in 2012 I had a bunch of four triathletes pick me up and cart me around to the finish with a very quick last lap.

This year I lost the lead bunch and ran solo to the finish chasing Nick who was always 70-110m in front.

Very happy with my effort and under 34 minutes through 10km pleasing.

Others:
Girls 8km Helen, Emma and Maria all had solid runs.Helen 34 minutes.

Boys 12km Steve and Keith both pleased with their superb runs in 45 minutes.

I wonder how the Victorian Championships went being held on the same day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024