Stromlo 8km XC

Delayed training until 11am today to use the 8km XC race at Stromlo instead. I was solo in the lead for 3km until the blister that gave me grief last week in the 16km erupted. Took a detour into the blackberries to adjust the sock and relieve myself. Another stop at 4km to change shoes, another stop at 6km to remove shoes and run barefoot the last 2km.

The splits without stopping the clock: 6:47, 7:21, 7:57, 7:27=29:32. Even with stops that's a useful training session and not really that different from what we usually do. Quicker for 3 of the 4 laps with around 15-40 seconds recovery while I changed shoes and so on. The break is usually 1 minute. I was feeling fatigued from the 16km last week.

Steve 2 laps 7:30s, 2 laps 7:50s for a solid effort.

The course today 4 laps of the 2km in reverse.

Last evening I supported Helen at Stromlo. 2km, 2.5km, 1km all around 4:20/km.

This afternoon another 10km to loosen up. Tmoz looking forward to a long run with some threshold intervals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024