Vic XCR 13 : Brimbank 16km XC Championships revisited

I drove all the way from Canberra to Melbourne to test myself against great competitors and a great course. Brimbank Victorian 16km XC Championships has been held since the 1890s. 4km not flat, 2 x 6k including a very steep climb with cow bells and hundreds of people yelling, mud, grass, technical descents, stone walls.

So today 54:52 30th place. My diary reads: 1991 56:16 ; 1994 57:39 60th? what is going on? Unknown chip DT 6G BVK...couldn't think of my name so they gave me a number:-(


Comments

David said…
Nice run Chip :-) ,unusual for you to get beaten over XC by age group or is John Meager in his 50 year and not yet in our age group?
Yes I got beaten and he just entered our age group. He is a very strong runner I raced in the early 90s. He has a very good work ethic and also helps some of the younger ones. I really enjoyed chasing him. I thought I would catch him on the last lap but he had another gear...too good. Watch the City2Surf results. He usually does that and will finish near me + or minus.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024