The joy of a long lonely run

A twist of roles this morning with Minnie taking Bella for a 95 minute run in the forest while I made the house tidy. That left me with much running to do and nobody to do it with...bliss:-)

I ran a similar run to last weekend through the Arboretum and including a few big hills. Almost 90 minutes at a good tempo and perfect conditions for running...cold. I felt surprisingly good after the race yesterday. A couple of sore spots and plenty of tape on those pesky heel blisters. Nothing to complain about really.

My weight was way too high last weekend...almost 3kg above where it was in April. I halved the weight gain this week and should be back to 55kg in time for the Gold Coast Half Marathon.

The next 10 days will include lots of running and making sure all the key sessions get done. It is always easier when I am on holidays,especially in winter.

Once again I reflected on how well most of my friends are running and how hard they have worked these last few months. Four of us are at or very near lifetime best form (in my case a second running lifetime). It's come about through consistent threshold or steady state interval sessions and a few shorter intervals or races. I am really looking forward to seeing what we can achieve on track in the brief period before the AIS gets resurfaced in mid-November.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024