1600m Tempo @ 10km pace

After some terrible weather in the last two days and some more tomorrow I took my chance to get down to the track and find out where I'm at. The result 1600m in 5:17 which sounds and felt ordinary but is normal post-France return. I am fit, skinny and very slow. It is the same every year except 2010 when I caught swine flu early in the trip, recovered and ran high mileage and 12 of 13 days with either speed work or many hills at altitude.

I've run out of time this year to get any quicker so I'll have to go with what I've got, around the same as last year. 123km in my legs this week. It will be 3 slow runs of 10, 5 & 5 km before Sunday and then see what happens. I will have to start relatively slow in the race and hope to catch a nice bunch of 2-3 near Rose Bay before we hit heartbreak hill. I will see on the day.

I've got no doubt I can run very strong the whole way but my big danger is going lactic in the first 3km. Having only a preferred number this year will help me not start too quick and provide me with some cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024