Long Step down XC Intervals

Out on the bush trails a set: 6,5,4,3,2,5 minute intervals with 1 minute jog recovery at maximum threshold or better, 3:30/km or better and 19km in an 80 minute run.

The last few days have been recovering from all the sore spots with 2km, 12km and then 17km yesterday. Back on program now and over 120km per week by Sunday.

Next on the schedule is the Burnley Half Marathon and penultimate AthsVic XCR series event. Although I won't be training for the half (training for 5000m and 1500m) I feel I am in better shape than at Gold Coast. With more competition in Melbourne (the depth is much better in Melbourne) I should take another 30 seconds off what I did a few weeks ago. It was 73:20 last year despite a head cold in the fortnight leading up to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024