Long XC step down intervals @ Stromlo

Just me and the girls out there this morning. We all did the same set except the girls did their running on the 1km loop as the swooping magpie has reappeared...it swooped me 4 times on my second effort.

The set: 2000m (637), 1500m (454), 1200m (355), 800m (229), 300m (54). I used the beeping watch on the yellow 100m posts today as a guide with the first three efforts on 20 seconds, the fourth on 19 sec and the 5th on 18 sec. I was under on all of them except the last effort where I held back so not to aggravate a sore hip from Thursday.

That is a better set than I did just before AMA track championships in April. It is my best endurance set at Stromlo ever in fact. I know the short speed endurance has not come back yet but the basic maximum threshold endurance has really improved over the winter and French summer.

The girls also worked hard except Kathy who has a head cold.

With an afternoon run it will make 24km for the day but only 120km for the week as I did 2km yesterday with the inflamed hip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024