ACTVAC Track : Round 2

On Wednesday a long run as planned, around 80 minutes through the bush trails as it was very windy and warm.

For track extremely windy and cold behind the front that had been coming during the day.

3000m: I was on pacing duties for Steve so through the first 4 laps running 79 highs until Steve found it difficult, lifted slightly over the last laps. Each week 10km pace gets more and more comfortable, even into the gale.
Steve ran 10:16 (6 seconds quicker than Saturday and very near a lifetime PB. Keith ran 10:29 and was a lifetime PB. Helen ran 4:04 first km and suffered in the last 500m

Pennington 1500m: Extremely cold and windy. I had no idea what time we ran and may never know. I had caught everyone with 450m to go and ran solid until the end. Kathy was 4th. With the program the way it is this may be my one and only Pennington race of the season...we will see.

I still have 120km+ in the legs. Looking forward to this weekend with a good session on Saturday, play race (threshold run) on Sunday. Early next week I will ease off for the One Hour Run. Going by my form last night I will be able to go through 10km in 33+ which should take a chunk off my Australian M50 Hour record.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024