Weston Creek Fun Run 6km

Today the Weston Creek Fun Run, my 6th completion of the event since 2007 having missed it last year when I was in Melbourne. Being held in October means I've often done a speed session on the day before. In all 6 events there has been someone faster than me on the day so my lingering memory is running that first 1.5km all up and chasing someone for the next 4.5km with legs full of lactate.

Today I started slower than my previous outings and dropped straight onto my maximum threshold and stayed there all the way home. I was was my least painful effort, my equal best placing and a time smack in the middle of those efforts. My fastest 20:07 in 2009 when there was a small group at the front and I got a sit in until the last 800m. My slowest when I was least fit in 2007 and most fit in 2010 (4x 1km day before) with times in the 20:40s

Jane ran with Steve along side her, winning W40+ and 2nd female overall.

Joshua (14) and Nicola Torley (16) won male and female overall so a case of youth winning over experience.

My splits: 3:23(up), 3:30(up), 3:22(flat/down), 3:15(down), 3:23(down with dead turns), 3:34(up)=20:27. 1st M50+ and 2nd overall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Big Weather Event Brewing ; Indoor Training ; Australian Masters Athletics Championships Mixed XC race