One Hour Run : W50 and M50 Records

A perfect evening for us all in the One Hour Run. Three times Helen has tried to break Ann Young's ACT W50 record, falling short both times by just over 100m. With a little, self belief help and encouragement Helen added 164.9 metres to that ACT record which has stood since 1988...awesome!!

It was so cold I wore a tri-suit for my One Hour. Although it was windy in the back straight I must admit cold with low humidity suits me just fine. Another thing in my favour was only 9 runners being on track. That alone negated the wind. My plan was similar if not the same as Helen's. I found my steady state, got ahead of schedule and held it as best I could until the end. 17357.9 metres added 290.9 metres to my Australian M50 record I set last year.

Helen, Steve and I finished on the exact same millimetre of the track by my design and luck. I had to rip it over the last 300m to catch them and then coast for two seconds.

Big thanks to Steve for being a key piece of the plan and Minnie and Jane for their great support on the night. Minnie had a sleeping bag and two blankets to keep her warm.

The splits: Helen only 2 splits slower than schedule (106) on laps 3&5 due to not allowing for wind and passing someone.
Me: Nothing worse than an 85. Allowed myself to slip back slowly to 200m ahead of schedule, posted 4 consecutive 84s, lost 3 seconds in 3 laps (fatigue), got it all back on the penultimate lap and then some more to catch Helen and Steve.

 


Comments

David said…
Superb performance Bruce Congrats

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024