ACTVAC Track : Pennington Series Race 3 : 3000m

































Final race in the series flipped the results for places 2-4 with Phil going from 2nd to fourth and probably Rod and Kathy moving up a spot each. Tied on points it goes to Rod on age count back I thing being the oldest in an age grade at age 54.

Of me: I had to give Kathy 2:34 head start. It took me two and a bit laps to un-lap myself and then set about gaining 100m on her each lap until I had caught her at the bell. I have a bout of sciatica at the moment and couldn't feel my legs in a normal way all evening. I was alerted to it when I felt a tightness in the right calf. Not sure I can get it fixed by the 5000m this evening but I will give it a go. I need a tennis ball and a lie down for a few hours to get the lower back out of spasm again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024