AIS Track : Short Lactate Intervals

We did this set a few weeks ago with the help of Garry. I didn't expect to do as well today without his help but we did.

The set: 6km warm up, 4 x 100m, 7 x 400m + 1 x 200m=3000m with 400m jog between efforts, 2.5km warm down. All the efforts were in 69 seconds.point with 30 seconds for the final 200m.

Of me: 8:38 or around 10 seconds quicker than last time for me. Steve was much quicker as well, 8:55 for him. Maybe we get into the 8:20s next week for our final session before Australian Masters Athletic Championships.

Like a few weeks ago I am scheduled to run 3000m on Thursday and 5000m on Friday (with a 4km XC on Sunday). Looks like a light couple of days in volume terms coming up as I am still 143km for the last 7 days.

Next week, on Thursday, we will run our last race before the championships, another 5000m. I won't be fresh enough to perform this week but next week will be better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024