AIS Track : Short Lactate Intervals

Final session of this type before Australian Masters Athletics Championships. Only Steve and I doing the session of 7 x 400m + 200m with 400m jog recovery. After a 70 seconds first effort I put in a couple of 68s until I was totally stuffed with 1000m of running to go. A real struggle against the lactate but still managed a 30 second final 200m to end up with the same cumulative as last week of 3000m in 8:38, Steve 8:56. It was very hot out there and maybe the hardest session I've done all summer.

I have two days to recover for the next play race over 5000m. It will be interesting to see how I freshen up as I still push towards an average of 120km/week for the month of February. I've got a schedule drawn up for March as well with the same workload as Marathon de Paris is drawing near.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024