Long Run #22 2h06 : Recovery Run

For the second week in a row I ran my long run in over 2 hours (2h06). While that sounds good to me reality is three weeks ago I ran the same distance in 1h40 which is much better preparation for a marathon in my mind.

Today the goal was to use the long run as recovery and so I did. I didn't run fast, kept mostly to soft surfaces (mud) and just cruised around. I wasn't fatigued at the end, legs not sore, just some more time in the legs and ensuring I am good to train and race well over the next three weeks. The Marathon de Paris training has to take a back seat for a month while not giving up too much in volume.

The next three weeks will see a launch towards Australian Masters Athletics Championships.

First two weeks: 7x400m+200m early in the week ; 5000m race late in the week. Saturday session will be light but with same intensity as per normal. This week I begin to taper back to 120km per week (currently at 145km per week) and then down to 85km per week at AMA Championships (only one light week).

Final week: Tempo 2000m early in the week (around 6:15), 4-6 x 100-200m strides 3 days before AMA Championships.

I have finalised race plans for the three events I will be contesting (10000m,5000m,8km XC) but won't reveal those here. It will be a tough weekend racing on consecutive days but I will be up to it.

Five of us will expect to make the start line in Hobart and all in great form (although one has been ill this week, will recover in time).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024