Keith in Recovery Mode ; 6km Handicap XC

Yesterday Keith 6 x 3 minute efforts. After travel to Melbourne and back plus the race Keith was in recovery mode. Distance covered: 790, 780, 780, 790, 780 and 730 metres all with 200m jog recovery. The usual warm up and warm down plus the 5 x 100m strides and 16km for the day.

Today the 6km XC handicap I have been doing. Last Wednesday was very wet (I didn't go), the tracks up high were still flowing with water and some puddles or mud. The XC sections were slow, the start and finish on hard surface was quick. Helen did a recent PB of low 27s. I was 25 seconds off my best effort due to the XC conditions which makes the effort of Helen all the better. Nick was slower than his last effort despite the new racing shoes. I wore long tights and thermal top, cooked on the hilly sections (heat training for Lyon). Run again was done as three intervals of 7,7 and 6.5 minutes, very short float recovery of 30 seconds. I didn't plan to run very hard today but felt great. That means nothing more than strides and easy running until Saturday.

That will be my last effort on the course for this prep. I stop work in two days and will be able to train whenever the conditions are best on a more suitable surface for faster running. It's been worth the journey. Five very hard runs. Only negative is not being able to extend myself in the last 2km due to people traffic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024