ACT Masters Track Round 3 : 3000m, 800m ; Cadbury Half Marathon

Very good conditions at track around 6pm. Sunny, warm, an easterly breeze from the sea just rolling in.

For various reasons I decided to do the pace work in the 3000m, help Keith on the way hopefully to an ACT Masters M55 record of 10:15 or so. It wasn't to be for Keith on the evening but held onto pace for 1600m. Another lap or so at that pace and he would have been able to get home. I set a constant pace at 10:10 for 3000m. When I noticed both Anthony and Keith had dropped off with 600m to go I ran a little quicker finishing in 10:03, Anthony 10:10, Keith 10:28, Helen 13:00, Kathy 13:15, Minnie 14:30. Most ran a season best. Gabe turned up for an 800m and ran in the race with Helen (3:05). I had an appointment so couldn't stay to watch.

A letter in the mail yesterday means I will have to perform service to the community for 4 weeks beginning in a fortnight. Such is life! I've decided to end this part of the season, switch focus and start training for the Cadbury Half Marathon in early January. I will still race some track. Firstly I'll have an easy week or so and get rid of any niggles before ramping up the sessions again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024