Steve 5 x 300m ; ACT Masters Track Round 1 3000m

Steve up early, grass still wet from dew. Set 5 x 300m with 55.25 average.

First evening back on track in the 2015/2016 season. First time at newly re-surfaced Woden. I last ran on the track when it was grass in 1984...that's a long time ago. Back then we were using Canberra Stadium for athletics as well and the current AIS track was only a warm up facility.

A big turnout for first night. Maybe Woden is closer for a few people or they just want to try a new track. It was windy early and very warm and sunny. White fluff was still blowing out of the trees although not as much as on Monday. The air was very dry making it possible to get an 800m cough in a 3000m race.

Geoff Moore 3000m Series (I need to run 5 races of 9 and have better ast than Keith. Kathy will win women's if she does 5 races): Like I've done all year I started fast and just tried to hold on. There is never anyone to race. I was lapping people before 800m, in lane 2 for the duration. I held under 9:30 pace for 1800m (my limit on the day in those conditions) before fading out to 9:46. Pushing into the wind hurt but mostly it was my lungs that were screaming from the dry air. Keith (on his limit early also before fading) and Anthony ran within cooee of each other. Shane, Emma, Kathy and Helen also ran with Helen backing up again for the 4 lap spiral.

By 7pm the wind had died down and it was starting to cool for later events. I went home early to warm down with the dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024