Long XC Step Down Intervals ; Keith in Bega ; Steve on Coast

Weather warm, sunny, still. Grass lush, surface slowing, no magpie swooping. In attendance Mia, Helen, Emma, Gabe, myself.

The set: 2500m warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute efforts with 3 minute re-group jog and hydrate between efforts, 1500m warm down. Pace was around 4:00/km with pacing by myself, Emma quickest on the early efforts and everyone quicker on the later efforts. Not much spread between everyone.

Keith in Bega on harness track. Strong winds. 3000m warm up and warm down, 5 x 100m (16,16,16,17,18), 5 x 600m (1:54, 1:54, 1:58, 1:56, 2:01). Very steamy.

Steve on the coast this weekend, did his 5 x 600m set yesterday, his quickest set of that type this summer.

Of me: Extended warm up this morning followed by all of the set with the girls. My new shoes arrived yesterday, wore those in the session. 17km all up, no loosener this afternoon as I attend to some niggles over the next fortnight. I had an erratic month but still managed to average over 110km for the 10th consecutive month. Let's see what the next two months will bring, my normal routines will be topsy turvy. I'm planning BIG.

I had blueberry pancakes with ice-cream for brunch, the birds had grass seeds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024