Australian Masters Athletics Championships : Day 2 1500m

This morning a tram ride to Glenelg for coffee by the sea, tram back, walk to stadium. Sunny, warm, less wind than yesterday, more of a nuisance than anything else. The sprinters would definitely like the wind to turn around but it's likely to be still tomorrow.

1500m: Some great racing out there. Like the 800s a smorgasbord of hard racing for medals.

Of our little group Alison 1st W30, Kathy 4th W60, Steve a thrilling 3rd M45 in all-time PB 4:30ish, Me 2nd M50 in slow tactical race with Robert S. leaving everyone for dead again. I really enjoyed it out there. I seldom race the 1500m at AMA Championships and only when I am running well. I've been wanted to see where my leg speed is at in the finale and got my chance today. Much improved from say six months ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024