Track Tempo Run 1600m

I couldn't resist the perfect weather. Warm, sunny, no wind.

6.5km warm up, 4 x 100m (18,16,15,14.7), 1600m even paced 78 second laps with no kick, 7.5km warm down.

I had an influenza vaccination on Thursday (5 days ago). On the weekend and over the last couple of days I've had what I think is a reaction to the vaccination. Mild fever all Saturday night. Chest infection Sunday night. Running nose Monday morning. General lethargy over the weekend and today.

I got through all the sessions I needed to do. Today the speed was better than Sunday so I think things are on the mend. At least this year the health issues happened a week before, seem to be milder, and didn't happen the day before the AMA Championships. I should be OK by the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024