Pacing Session : 5000m ; AMA Cross Country By Image

Yesterday 17km in two runs. Today a jog to track and a couple of track intervals to begin the new training block. Weather warm, cloudy, light winds.

The set: 4.5km warm up, 4 x 100m (18,16,15,14.8), 2 x 800m (2:31, 2:29) using beeping watch every 100m set at 19 seconds), 5.5km warm down. There is still deep tissue damage in the calves, everything else is fine just two days after the cross country.

Below a set of sequential images from the Australian Masters Athletics Championships Cross Country even over 8000m, 4 x 2000m laps. I think the images are from laps 1,2 and 3 and I only chose mostly the leading bunches plus Steve and Will fighting out silver in M45.

My assessment after looking at that is I should have kept pushing from the front in the early part of the 3rd lap and all the way to the finish. If only I had eyes in the back of my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024