BBQ Steaks Maximum Threshold Run 6km 22:37

As I've used in winter for the last few years, this lunch time low key 6km run has 3-4km in the middle of undulating cross country surface. Today the weather was bleak again but mostly sunny. Cold, strong windy, snowing on the nearby hills all day. I wore double thermal layers on top, tights on the bottom.

After some strides and warm up slipped into maximum threshold on the steep climb at the start and stayed there throughout the run, working hard all the way to the finish. 22:37 is one of my slower times when running hard. I felt good. The conditions weren't great. Helen ran just over 30 minutes as long interval session. I didn't catch her. She's been on the rise since the start of August.

It was Rad's 90th birthday. We ate cake and chocolate post run.

Tomorrow some easy strides on grass, 10 x 30 seconds. On Saturday my first 600m set in a while 5 x 600m XC efforts average under 1:50.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024