Training Overview : Road to World Masters Athletics Championship Malaga 2018 : One Year Out

In exactly 12 months World Masters Athletics Championships 2018 in Malaga Spain will be over. It's a sobering thought. Training plans have been stable. When to depart Australia is not. Today a post from organisers of Gold Coast Marathon may have shifted my thinking. Also a post from Velowire on 'Rumours of the parcours de Tour de France 2018' cycling which reminded me that the TDF 2018 had been moved later by a week than previously anticipated. Having seen 10 Tour de France straight I can't bear missing out on the 11th. The TDF route is also favourable for my plans.

Plan is run Gold Coast Half Marathon or 10km weekend 30 June/1 July 2018. Depart for France 1 or 2 July. Travel to Noirmoutier for start of Tour de France. Follow route somewhat until Alpe d'Huez (1st altitude camp)around 18 July. Following that deviate towards near by Col du Galibier for 2nd altitude camp, further training(including 3rd altitude camp on Mont Ventoux)until 3 September when I depart Zurich for Malaga, 2 days before the 8km cross country. That will make 11 weeks in Europe all up.

I'll use Parkrun 5km events and my Garmin to keep me honest for training. I won't make many firm detailed training plans. I'll be living in a Renault Kangoo for most of the time. It's easy to change them. Excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m