Training Overview : Road to World Masters Athletics Championship Malaga 2018 : Training Update

Today only 6km easy, tomorrow the same. I felt awful today which is normal. I might feel the same tomorrow. Normally Sunday morning will be good for the Canberra Times Fun Run 14km but I can never tell on a 2 day taper. Regardless I'm moving on to a new training block on Monday. Spring is in the air and the magpies will soon be swooping.

Training Overview - Direct Preparatory Period 1 : September 4 to October 24
Three key sessions: Set 1: 2000m Malaga hill loop continues at same pace. Efforts will rise from 2 to 5 for that set. I have another loop in the bush I can use when the magpie starts swooping at Stromlo. Set 2: I started 600m efforts this week. Pace will be the same, efforts will rise from 3 to 5. Recovery will reduce to 400m jog. Set 3: I am back on track or grass doing short intervals again. Many variations of sessions. 4 x 200m or 5 x 300m or 600m, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m all with short recovery. The maximum threshold runs (Parkrun, ACT Masters XC) I have been doing will continue almost weekly.

On October 21-23 I run Burnie 10km Road, 800m and 1500m track on consecutive days. I feel good to go already. I've had 12 weeks of base training and many play races. I have 7 weeks to find some flow and leg speed, lactate tolerance. Track here will begin shortly before then. I don't know the program yet but I will be targeting club age records when the conditions are right when I get home from Tasmania.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024