Week 8 Training and Racing Ketchup

I'm into week 8 of high volume training. Week 7 completed with 132km in total, the largest of this training block. Yesterday was 24km on single track or forest trails including 9km with Milli the Border Collie.

ACT Masters track begins this week. I'll use this as training for the last 3 weeks of my base building block.

In a couple of weeks I'll run a Parkrun event to test out my legs on a new course. After finishing Week 10 I'll begin a taper for Canberra Times Fun Run 10km and One Hour Track which are four days apart. In mid-December I'll begin a new base training block which will last until late February. Track racing un-tapered will continue throughout this period when track resumes after the Christmas holiday season.

Next set is Tuesday morning with some 4 x 800m efforts, 200m slow jog recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024