Week 9 Training and Racing Ketchup

I'm into week 9 of this base training block. I've made good progress in that time regularly hitting my training and racing benchmarks. In two weeks I'll begin a taper for Canberra Times 10km Fun Run 10th November and One Hour track run 14th November. Until then business as usual.

Sunday long runs have increased from 20km to 28km. I'll 2km to next Sunday's run and settle on 30km when I resume after my taper period. The long run has allowed me to schedule in an easier volume day on Wednesday each week. Weekly volume has been a constant 120km+.

After 8 consecutive 6km threshold runs at BBQ Stakes on Wednesdays I will miss this week. After winning last week I am on timing duties. 3000m track handicap will replace that on Thursday evening.

Two XC sessions have been normal with a focus on speed in shorter sets and speed endurance in longer sets. All sets have shown steady progress. Tomorrow morning my 800m set with short recovery should average at 3:10/km.

I've also run a couple Parkrun events in recent weeks. Saturday's 16:46 at Ginninderra showed speed from those XC interval sets are starting to show through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024