Stromlo Running Festival ; Keith 2 x 3 min, 4 x 90 sec, 6 x 1 min

This morning very early and in ideal running conditions the Stromlo Running Festival trail events from 2km to 50km got underway. I was out at ACT Masters XC handicap as an official, arriving late morning when the sun was finally peaking out from behind the clouds. All my friends did well in assorted distances. It seemed to be very well organised with a good vibe. The great Robert de Castella (Deek) was chief commentator and handing out the medals.

Yesterday Keith resumed structured training after a break. The set 2 x 3 min, 4 x 90 sec, 6 x 1 min. A long recovery run was scheduled for Sunday morning.

I didn't get out running until late afternoon with a 95 minute run on forest trails. My thigh strain started to stiffen up late in the run. I'll have to consolidate with long slow running until I feel it's OK to resume faster work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024