Stromlo XC Intervals 3 x 1500m, 500m recovery

Saturday morning set at Stromlo XC circuit. Weather warm, sunny, light winds freshening. Steve did his set early (5:14,5:15,5:14). We caught up with him after his warm down. We used an extended 1500m loop which incorporated a 400m hill at the start. I had sore muscles from the One Hour track run on Thursday night. After warming up and stretching I was able to run the set very well.

The set: Warm up, 5 x 100m strides, 3 x 1500m efforts, 500m walk jog recovery, warm down. 9km in total. My splits: 5:02,4:48,4:47. All the girls were 7min+ on the first effort. Helen was down in the 6min high for her last effort. Brunch was at the Stromlo Handlebar Cafe. Nice day for sitting around watching runners and mountain bikers everywhere.

While I am no longer in taper mode volume over last 7 days is just 88km. It will be at 120km+ by Monday with 50km of running this weekend. Long run tomorrow of 30km. Next set on Monday or Tuesday with a 5000m specific set.

Training block for the Cadbury Hobart Half Marathon began with the One Hour track last Thursday. I'm already in my best shape in 18 months. I'll be working on 5000m speed in sessions and backing that up with 6km hilly XC threshold runs and some track meets. Parkrun events will be added to the schedule over the Xmas/New Year break. I'll be looking to get down to 16:30 for 5000m before the Half Marathon. Final 3 weeks racing on track for 2019 will be 800m, Mile and 800m handicap events. I'll have to slot in some strides and 800m speed sessions in somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024