Stromlo XC Intervals 3 x 800m, 1:30 jog recovery ; Steve 5 x 3 minute efforts

I missed the Thursday track meet 800m event with ACT Masters. Weather was a hot 38 degrees+ during the day and windy. I also had a strained thigh muscle from the threshold run on Wednesday. I did 1km light jog on Thursday, nothing else. Friday was 10km+ on trails. Thigh still tight. Raised dust and hot again on Friday afternoon, no second run.

Saturday morning at Stromlo XC circuit. Weather warm to hot, light winds, raised dust levels improved. The set: 7km+ warm up, 5 x 100m easy strides, 3 x 800m efforts (2:35,2:29,2:25)with 1:30 jog recovery. The set felt easy, never flat out, my quickest this season. On the start of a 4th effort I felt the thigh tighten, abandoned set. Afternoon recovery run to make 20km for the day. 30km easy running planned for Sunday.

Steve this morning ran 5 x 3 minute efforts on local Parkrun course. Splits: 3:30/km,3:33/km,3:39/km,3:45/km,3:39/km

Next set? I have to consolidate training this weekend and ensure I am injury free before pushing on. If all goes well a set on Monday morning and resume as normal.

It is Stromlo Running Festival on Sunday. I hope to see some of my friends finish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024