ACT Masters Track 3000m Pennington Handicap 1st

Another strong field at ACT Masters Track meet for the 3000m Pennington Handicap. Weather warm, some wind, not too bad for running. I turned up very early for an extended warm up and strides session. 11km warm up and 2km warm down making 16km all up. Strides included 8 x 100m, 2 x 200m, 2 x 50m, 4 x 100m. My final 100m efforts were in 15 seconds and it took all that afternoon to get there...rusty

In the 3000m my goal was to unlap myself twice after giving Kathy W65 a big head start. I did that with one lap to go. I didn't see a strong group of younger runners in the M50s across the track (Steve and Anthony who started 15 seconds after me) so I knew they weren't far behind in pursuit. I had plenty in reserve if they did get close. They also both got past Kathy. That will help me in the 800m and 1500m events to come which comprise the series.

Keith ran 10km in the heat of the day, again in Bega.

Next set on Saturday morning, long XC intervals. there may be rain about. Next week I'll do a couple of 500m leg speed sessions and possibly run a 5000m on thursday at track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024