European Masters 1500m Virtual Challenge ; Keith in Bega 1500m as Intervals

Change of the weather this week with rain every day predicted. It was drizzling in Bega for Keith's session of 1500m as 200m,400m,200m,400m,300m with 100m jog recovery = 5:12

Rain here for most of the day, drizzle in the late afternoon, 90 minute run for me on bike path. I'll see if I can fit a set in around the rain, if not track with ACT Masters on Thursday, if not Saturday long XC intervals group session.

September was 3000m month for European Masters Virtual challenge. Having submitted my times early for most of the challenges I got deservedly beaten in the Mile in July. I held back my submission until the last few hours on 30th September to ensure a win in M55, my 3rd of the 4 races I entered (I didn't enter the half marathon in August). October is the final challenge to be held over 1500m. I will be able to submit a fast time from a proper race with people this month although a time trial on my own may prove to be my best performance.

I'll need a week to get my leg speed back, then start running a series of 1500m time trials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024