Beach Intervals 10 x 200m : Training Update

This week I'm aiming to set myself up for a quick Parkrun again with the same repeat sets from a fortnight ago. Monday 10 x 200m(slow start to 2:41/km), Tuesday 5 x 400m, Wednesday 2km Hill effort, Thursday 1000m-1500m time trial, Saturday Parkrun. Training volume will remain high with a low volume day on Friday.
On the weekend I watched video from the World Masters Athletics Cross Country venue in Bathurst and probable venue in Sydney for the Australian Masters Athletics Cross Country event. I hadn't run there since the 1970s. Also watched the 2022 NCAA XC Championships. I firmed up somewhere to stay in Bathurst. I pulled out some spikes to wear in over coming weeks for track and cross country.
In early January I'll commence a race preparation training block for the three multi-day events I have in February and March which will include both track (800m-10000m) and cross country (6000m to 10000m).
This week 125km, my 7th big training week since retiring from work again and the 32nd week of this base training block which will conclude in February. In April I'll start the whole cycle again and see if I can make it to World Masters Athletics Championships 2024 in Sweden(tbc).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024