AIS Track to be resurfaced...awesome

AIS Track is scheduled to be resurfaced 13 November to December 24 2013...awesome. It's been a very hard and unforgiving surface that gives nothing back except on the warmest of days in recent years. I've loved racing on the fresher Mondo tracks around the country

The timing won't really affect me. My main races during that period will be in Melbourne (Victorian 5000m Championships, Zatopek B Grade 10000m).

Roughly the main racing blocks for me will be mid-October (Australian Masters Games) to early December (Zatopek B grade) and February to mid-March (Australian Masters Athletics Hobart). A shortened track racing schedule will be of great benefit.

Comments

speedygeoff said…
Great news! I agree about the vastly superior tracks elsewhere. Looking forward to 2014.
I haven't run at Geelong yet Geoff...can't wait to taste that track:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024