AIS Short Intervals @ 5000m pace

Once again my session coincided with the iron study. I had to pick my windows and slot in so as not to bother them too much. 4 x 100m, 1200m 3:45, 1000m 3:08, 800m 2:30 all with the beeping watch each 19 seconds per 100m or 76 seconds per lap, 15:50 pace. My aim to be just a little under target each 400m and even paced. 200m walk between efforts. Perfect conditions for running. Wasn't difficult to maintain. I will try to build on the distance covered on both the Tuesday and Thursday sessions, mindful that I also need to complete a slower session on grass at Stromlo on Saturdays.

The good days are coming a little more often now that I am used to 120km per week again. It will just be a 20km jog to work and back over the mountain tmoz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024