AIS Short Intervals @ 5000m pace

Lots of distractions for the session including some sort of track camp, must have been 100 younger athletes out there from interstate. They largely left the inside lane free as the groups warmed up which was good for me as I was having a 'flat' day from all those kilometres in the legs. 1200m (3:45), 800m (2:30), 800m (2:30) with 200m walk recovery. I found I had to relax more to get the speed out as there wasn't much force going into track from my weary legs...still another set done and no races in sight for another month.

Looks like next week will be our first taste of almost winter and it has been a long time coming. The weather has been great and will make the most of it on the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024