ATHSVIC XCR13 Burnley Half Marathon : Canberra Times Fun Run

Two events on the same day means I had to miss Canberra Times Fun Run to help out my Victorian club. Once again the APS United M50+ team won on the day to remain undefeated for the entire 2013 season...only the Tan Relays to go in a fortnight.

In the Canberra Times Fun Run off the top of my head Minnie 14km 71, Tori 14km 69, Maria 10km 45, Michelle 10km 41 and Steve 10km 36:50 and a huge PB...great running Steve.

Of me: 21km 74:44 1st M50. I had an off day in not hitting my mini-taper (always a risk tapering two days out from a half) and having sciatica down my left side from toes to fingers, hip, thigh and calf...all coming from my lower back which was aggravated on the track session last Thursday. It was impossible to use good technique with no drive in the left leg, especially on the ups and where the road had a big camber. Not an injury, all phantom pain. It will be gone by Tuesday after some work with the tennis balls on the back, hip and arse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024