Long Hilly Upper Threshold XC Intervals : Australian Masters Games

Warm and windy today so avoided the track...the same up hill 1.1km effort as last week. 15km in total including 4 x 1.1km at maximum threshold, working very strong on that tough steep hill mid-way. All my efforts under 4 minutes, the quickest 3:53.

Steve 5 x 3 minutes this morning...that left just me and the girls this afternoon with Helen, Tori, Kathy, Kelley and KT (Maria in Sydney).

Australian Masters Games entrant list and timetable is out. The draw has been kind as I get to run with M45-M54 in the 1500m and M30-M54 in the 5000m. There is one star M30 in 5000m so I will try not to be lapped if he starts. M50-54 has Steven and Scott so three of us have the potential to run 16something. The 1500m I will want like a time trial and not sit and kick so am prepared to lead to 1000m even paced in 3:00 so as to not risk injury for the 5000m. Some runners will be intent on slowing the 1500m pace down so I will see how it turns out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024