Australian Masters Games : Geelong

Focus now shifts to the Australian Masters Games in Geelong beginning first weekend in October. These games will mark the start of my first competition period which could conclude as early as 14 November (Victorian 5000m Championships) but hopefully stretches as far as the first weekend in December and the lower grades Zatopek 10000m races (if they are held). The track in Canberra will be closed in early November for resurfacing. I won't finalise my training plan until I know about the Zatopek race.

In Geelong I will race 1500m (a warm up) and 5000m. We will stay an hour out of town in the forest with the dog so more of a holiday than serious race weekend.

Aside from the Victorian 5000m the other goal in the racing block will be the Hour run with ACTVAC and trying to better my M50 Australian record. On paper it shouldn't be difficult. Last year I ran a 3000m and Pennington 1500m as warm up for the Hour. No stupidity this year as I won't be contesting the Pennington series (800m, 1500m, 3000m) due to the ACTVAC track program schedule being even more stupid than me. The Pennington 800m is scheduled minutes before the ACT 10000m championships:-)

Today 16km, yesterday 8km, tomorrow 20km including some long intervals at 5000m pace (3:10/km or better).

The hip and lower back still needs some work. I am running pain free in training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024