AIS Track : 1500m Tempo Run @ 5000m pace

Tuesday complete day off, Wednesday 12km easy, today 12km including 8 x 100m, 1500m even paced @ 3:10/km, 72 second last lap (4:41).

I am back into it again with just over 3 weeks to the marathon. I wore spikes in the 1500m and proved the tendons are still inflamed or  damaged. So back on with the strapping tape and no minimalist shoes until after the marathon. I don't think it is an issue.

Tomorrow will be another easy 12km. I will then go through one or two 140km weeks with a final hit out over 5000m ten days before the marathon. In those two weeks I hope to get in two very long runs and two 90 minute runs. The final week will just be easy running and a few short tempo runs to remind me of 3:20-3:30/km. From here on in it is just about getting to the start line in good shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024