Marathon Taper

I started the marathon taper two days ago, only running 6km on each of the last two days. The ankle tendon inflammation returned on Monday during a 70 minute run, the day after a 20km run. Until further notice I will run inside where the pain starts and hopefully that means the tendons can return to normal again or close to it in the next 10 days of easy running. I may run a little longer on the weekend.

So the pressure is off for trying to run a quick time. I will have to run a conservative Marathon de Paris use a good running technique to get through without risking a lifetime injury. I'm still confident I can run a decent time. It all depends on the ankle now.

Post race I have scheduled the rest of April off and happily so...to regroup both mentally and physically the best I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024